When the Bank of Cyprus Oncology Center wanted to upgrade its existing legacy PBX, it turned to Microsoft Lync 2013 because of Lync’s compelling, cost-effective collaboration features. The move has revolutionized the hospital’s ability to collaborate and has provided employees with a vital tool that improves communications: both internally among employees and externally with other organizations.
- Voice and video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Easy to contact medical professionals when they are travelling, making them accessible.
- Internal communications significantly improved with doctors; able to instant message secretaries rather than make calls.
- Improved document sharing with staff; now able to share important information quickly and effectively.
- Mobile users using Lync as an internal line rather than their own mobile
- Cost-savings of up to 30 percent compared to cost of traditional calls: both domestically and internationally.
- Reduced the need for corporate travel thanks to conferencing.
- Will eventually replace entire PBX; currently integrated with existing PBX.
- Plans to upgrade to Skype for Business.
- Previously some technical issues would be solved a day after reporting. Now they are resolved during the same day.
- Lync is used to set up and create internal meetings; avoiding the need to travel.
- The solution helps drive the Oncology Center’s mobility strategy by enabling Skype for Business on mobile devices.
- The next step is to integrate Lync with the PBX so customer calls via Skype can be managed through a call center.